Flying Cow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mukougawa no Masaka Chapter 1 RELEASED!

2 posters

Go down

Mukougawa no Masaka Chapter 1 RELEASED! Empty Mukougawa no Masaka Chapter 1 RELEASED!

Post by flyingcow Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You can find the file [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. <----- DOWNLOAD LINK THERE!!

Enjoy!! Very Happy

Some translation notes:
- Masaka always said "mono" at the end of his sentences which translates to "because" or a similar word. It was rather jarring to translate it directly; an equivalent would be the Valley Girl's word "like, you know" which was not cool, imo. I decided to translate it to "nyaa" which considering what he looks like, fits better.... though it kinda sounds weird in his battles! XD

- The recycle shop has a weird name. If you get confused why people are coming to the store, it's because of this: The characters used in the shop title is "creature/corpse/thing reclamation/regeneration shop" which sounds kinda weird so I decided to just title it recycle shop. I might have called it a junk yard but the old man fixes things so I left it at recycle shop. If anyone has a better name suggestion, I'm up for it!

- The title of the chapters were left in Japanese because they are the names of the monsters and the names of the attacks Masaka uses on them. If you're curious about what they mean, the first chapter is Pillow Counter (Makuragaeshi) x Entwining Circle (Karamaru). The rest I'll give notes as I release the chapter.

- Last translation note: the story doesn't really call the monsters "monsters", they were actually called ghouls/goblins/ghost. At least that's what the character "Bakemono" means directly. I've decided to translate them as monster because I'm not going to start calling something ghost/ghoul/goblin when it's not a ghost, ghoul, or goblin. :\

Last edited by flyingcow on Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
flyingcow
flyingcow

https://flyingcow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mukougawa no Masaka Chapter 1 RELEASED! Empty Re: Mukougawa no Masaka Chapter 1 RELEASED!

Post by aine Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:52 am

This is cool. Very Happy
Although, there were a lot of sfxs i cleaned that weren't translated and typesetted. And it would be nice if you put a translator's note at the bottom of a panel with japanese sfx. Smile
Btw, are you going to post it up on manga reading sites? That would be cool, too. Very Happy
aine
aine

Back to top Go down

Mukougawa no Masaka Chapter 1 RELEASED! Empty Re: Mukougawa no Masaka Chapter 1 RELEASED!

Post by flyingcow Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:49 pm

re SFX>>
That's because my laptop's ac adapter died last week and I didn't get my replacement yet. My laptop has Photoshop and my battery was down to 20 minutes. I did everything on GIMP on my desktop and it's not really something I'm very familiar with so no SFX. I'll be doing a re-release of the chapter with SFX later this month.

re reading site>>
I'll try to get it up somewhere but I don't know if they will. I read somewhere that a certain publisher does not permit scanlations to be posted in manga viewing sites. I have a suspicion that the publisher is the same as for Mukougawa no Masaka but I haven't been able to find that post/thread/page where I read it. Neutral Anyways, we'll see.
flyingcow
flyingcow

Back to top Go down

Mukougawa no Masaka Chapter 1 RELEASED! Empty Chapter Re-Released!

Post by flyingcow Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:38 pm

I've re-released chapter 1! Please be sure to download the new and improved chapter at the link provided in the first post. Enjoy!

Also, Mukougawa no Masaka may be read online at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], thanks to TheQwertiest who uploaded the chapters a bit early. (You know, I was waiting to finish the new 1st chapter...) XD
flyingcow
flyingcow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down