Flying Cow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Progress Report 2010-January

2 posters

Go down

Progress Report 2010-January Empty Welcome to Our New Typesetter!

Post by flyingcow Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:40 pm

I'd like to welcome JohnBG to the crew of Flying Cow. As the title said, he will be our new typesetter for the team and that makes us four team-members strong! Yay!

At this point, we're going to need another translator on board just to keep the flow going because right now, I'm the only translator for the group and it's a bit bottle-necked on my end. If you're a translator and would like help us out and work on any of the following series; [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Boxing), [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Soccer), [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.](Horror), [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Comedy), Kyoton-chan, or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]; please apply in the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Your help will be very much appreciated! n_____n
flyingcow
flyingcow

https://flyingcow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Progress Report 2010-January Empty Wohooo! Another Member!

Post by flyingcow Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:24 am

I'd like to welcome craterhead to the team! He's (I assume craterhead is a he... If you aren't, my bad!) volunteered as another cleaner. With that, there are now two cleaners to the Flying Cow scanlation group. Wohoo! At this rate, though, I think they're going to clean all the chapters before I'm done with translations or editing the raw manga scans! D: Not that it's a bad thing at all, of course! XD

I'm now looking for Translators and Typesetters. If you're interested, please [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and apply in the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

If you are a translator and would like to translate a series and just need some help with cleaners and typesetters, please PM me and we'll talk it out on doing a joint project.
flyingcow
flyingcow

Back to top Go down

Progress Report 2010-January Empty Moving Along

Post by flyingcow Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:00 pm

Things are moving along very quickly! With aine working on Mukougawa no Masaka, it's already halfway clean right now. I'll shuffle things around and finish translation for it so I can typeset and release the first chapter. I expect the release to be sometime early next month.

For those waiting for Inazuma Eleven, that series is next on the list so it'll come along soon after MnM. : ]
flyingcow
flyingcow

Back to top Go down

Progress Report 2010-January Empty A Change of Pace

Post by flyingcow Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:51 pm

I'm going to switch gears and focus on Mukougawa no Masaka (MnM) and Inazuma Eleven (IE). For now, I have some release leeway for Stand Up! so I can make this priority change and get the first chapter of MnM and chapter 5 of IE out asap.

MnM's first chapter is about 45 pages long and it is currently being cleaned by Aine. I'm almost done editing IE ch.5 to be ready for cleaning and I have to finalize my translation so the priority list is now:

1. Inazuma Eleven chapter 5
2. Mukougawa no Masaka chapter 1
3. ????? <--- secret project
4. Yaoyoro! chapter 7
5. Kyoton-chan chapter 1
6. Stand Up! chapter 4

I'll make an announcement regarding what that ????? in February. Stay tuned! C:
flyingcow
flyingcow

Back to top Go down

Progress Report 2010-January Empty A Big Welcome to New Team-Member Aine!

Post by flyingcow Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:47 pm

I'd like to welcome Aine to the Flying Cow Scanlation Crew! With her (or is it "his"? or... it? O_O! lol j/k) help, things should move a little faster around here.

If you would also like to become a willing slave... er, team-member, please apply in the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] section. Your help is most appreciated and hey, you can see the manga's earlier than everyone else!! C:
flyingcow
flyingcow

Back to top Go down

Progress Report 2010-January Empty ...And It's Up!!

Post by flyingcow Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:47 pm

Stand Up! is now on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]!! :insert dancing cow of choice here:

Chapter 3 is finished, btw, and I'll be completing the translations for 4 & 5 soon. Translations for Inazuma Eleven are coming along, slowly but surely. I started a few pages of Kyoton-chan and Yaoyoro! as well but right now, I think I'll focus on Inazuma Eleven. It's a good series.

Speaking of translations, if you're ever interested in learning Japanese, learn conversational japanese. Conversational Japanese is what you need to know for reading manga and for everyday conversations. Any other book, and they tend to teach you Japanese for business purposes. Preferably, get a book that covers politeness levels and tells your which words you should use for strangers/superiors vs friends and family.

Well, onwards and upwards!
flyingcow
flyingcow

Back to top Go down

Progress Report 2010-January Empty Stand Up News

Post by flyingcow Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:33 pm

I'm 99% done with chapter 3 - I just need to put in two lines of text. From there, I will complete my translations of chapter 4-5 and get them all typeset by the end of this weekend. At least, that's what I'm aiming for! XD

Looks like Stand Up! was added to the directory of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] so I will work on getting the files up there today.

Once I'm done with Stand Up!, I'll inform you of what's next on my list. I think you guys will like it so stay tuned!

------------

Blah, looks like something's gone wrong with the coding in MangaFox. It's not loading up for me at all and I forgot the alternative address soooo.... yeah. <_<;
flyingcow
flyingcow

Back to top Go down

Progress Report 2010-January Empty An Avatar for the Flying Cow

Post by flyingcow Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:49 pm

You know... I set the site, been posting like crazy, and even released the first chapter for Stand Up! but I forgot one basic thing - an avatar. Rather sad huh?

Well, I snagged an avy of Arakawa, maker of Fullmetal Alchemist and it totally fits don't you think? A cow. And it's screaming it's head off.

If I ever make a mascot, I'll probably switch it out but for now this one will do just fine. :3
flyingcow
flyingcow

Back to top Go down

Progress Report 2010-January Empty Of Manga Helpers and Foxes

Post by flyingcow Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:57 pm

Stand Up! has now been added to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] As I'm typing this, I'm working on getting Stand Up! into [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. It should go through without a hitch, imo. As for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], nothing from them yet.

In other news, I finished chapter 2 of Stand Up! yesterday. This next chapter will be released on February 21. I'll start off on typesetting chapter 3 today. I will also completely finish my translations for chapter 4 and 5 this week. This way, I can take a load off and move on to another manga series and completely dedicate more time on it.
flyingcow
flyingcow

Back to top Go down

Progress Report 2010-January Empty Stand Up! Chapter 2 & Other News

Post by flyingcow Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:35 pm

I should be done with chapter 2 of Stand Up! by tonight. Be aware that I will not release it until next month so please be patient.

Aside from that, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has approved my group. I will be filling in and get that set up later today. Tomorrow, I'll see about getting Stand Up! into [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Later!
flyingcow
flyingcow

Back to top Go down

Progress Report 2010-January Empty Progress Report

Post by flyingcow Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:41 am

Wow, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is faaast! Not too long after I submitted the chapter, it was already linked and after that, my group was approved and I now have a dedicated scanlator page in MangaUpdates. O_O

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] new manga application thread is closed until this Sunday so anyone waiting for Stand Up! to turn up there will have to wait a little longer.

No news from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but that place is very busy.

Also no news from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but I suspect that's normal too since they're another busy site.

As for me, as I mentioned, I'm typesetting chapter 2 of Stand Up! and I've also begun translating Inazuma Eleven and Yaoyoro! I still haven't found the first volume of Inazuma Eleven but I guess that's okay... If people want to know what happened, the manga and the anime series are fairly similar. The first 7-8 episodes have been subtitled in English so if you do a quick search, you'll be able to find them. Anyways - back to translating for me!
flyingcow
flyingcow

Back to top Go down

Progress Report 2010-January Empty Stand Up! Chapter 1 Released!

Post by flyingcow Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:37 am

I've released chapter 1 of Stand Up! Please sign in to get to the download link! ...Or you can wait till I'm approved in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and you can get the DL from there. Once [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] also approve my group, you can DL from there too. :3

I've also submitted the chapter to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and once the info is updated into MangaUpdates, I will also submit the chapter to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Sheesh, talk about a lot of preparation just for a newly released series!

Anyways, back to typesetting the next chapter...
flyingcow
flyingcow

Back to top Go down

Progress Report 2010-January Empty Applying to Manga Helpers...

Post by flyingcow Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:42 pm

Well, I've finished typesetting and proofreading chapter 1 of Stand Up! and it's all ready to be released. I'm going to apply in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to see if I can get my group up there. Hopefully, they'll approve...

-----------
[UPDATE - 2 pm EST]

I've applied! After I signed up this little message showed up:
Group submitted

Thanks for submitting your group. After being approved your group will undergo a 5 release pending phase. Once that is through your group will be listed as a Scanlation Group on the site. Until then, the only way people will be able to find your group's releases is through the areas they are released in. If you have any more questions please contact one of the admins. Thanks again for wanting to help contribute to our community, let us know if we can help you any further.

I guess, to weed out the wannabe's with the true scanlators, they have this little test. I can technically do that by releasing all five chapters of Stand Up! in one go but that won't be fun... Speaking of which, I'll start typesetting chapter 2 tonight. Chapter 2 is much more interesting, imo! 🤤 🤤

I'm also beginning translations for Inazuma Eleven today. Wohoo!!
flyingcow
flyingcow

Back to top Go down

Progress Report 2010-January Empty Stand Up! Chapter Almost Complete

Post by flyingcow Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:44 am

I'm halfway done typesetting the first chapter of Stand Up! and I should be completely done with it tonight. From there, I just have to put together a credits page and maybe a recruiting page. I haven't decided whether to release the chapters using MangaHelpers or use file sharing sites like MediaFire. I guess I'll make my decision this weekend. All in all, I should be releasing the chapter anytime now so stay tuned! Very Happy
flyingcow
flyingcow

Back to top Go down

Progress Report 2010-January Empty Professor Layton Dropped

Post by flyingcow Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:35 pm

I've decided to drop Professor Layton since [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. This person apparently has other Layton volumes as well so I'm going to step back from this project and let them handle it.

My current lineup is now:
1) Stand Up!
2) Inazuma Eleven
3) Yaoyoro!
4) Mukougawa no Masaka
5) Kyoton-chan

Yaoyoro! has been added as a replacement and I'll start work on it asap. The chapters for this series are rather short so it'll be a good replacement for Professor Layton. The first seven chapters have been scanlated and released for this comedic (and strange) series so take a look at it when you get a chance.

Last edited by flyingcow on Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
flyingcow
flyingcow

Back to top Go down

Progress Report 2010-January Empty Series Updates

Post by Admin Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:16 pm

Translations are taking longer than expected for Stand Up!; I managed to do 3 out of the five chapters so far. I'll start typesetting the first chapter today though and hopefully, I'll release it by the end of the week.

I've decided to do a few of the shorter chapters from Professor Layton. They're around 6-12 pages only and that won't be as intense as the 20-26 pages for a normal Layton chapter. Layton chapters are rather strange. They're not marked with a definite "Chapter 1", "Chapter 2", etc format which I think means that I can jump around and it wouldn't really matter.

I've decided to switch Major with the two Dan Doh series (Next Generation and Xi) as possible series I'd like to pick up. Major is a fantastic long, running series which unfortunately has had sparodic releases. There's no real dedicated scanlator working on the series which is a shame, imo. After I'm done with the four series I've listed, I'll work on this series. If you're a translator and would love to continue the series now rather than wait for me, please [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

With a chapter set to be released soon, I'm also looking for a general proofreader for all of the series I will be releasing. If you're interested, please sign up in the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Thanks!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Progress Report 2010-January Empty Re: Progress Report 2010-January

Post by flyingcow Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:07 pm

I've decided to change the line up. With the possibility of a release of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] -why not release it earlier?

My priority list is now:
1) Stand Up!
2) Inazuma Eleven
3) Professor Layton
4) Mukougawa no Masaka
5) Kyoton-chan

I've finished editing Mukougawa no Masaka but I'm going to take my time to redraw the pages so it's been pushed back to #4. The series is beautifully drawn and luckily it's just straight up black and white with no tones so that'll make things a bit easier. I may switch it up with Professor Layton but we'll see how things turn out once I start editing the Layton pages...

I hope to finish rechecking my translation for Stand Up! this weekend and I'll typeset it next week. So far, it seems like I'm all set to release the first chapter by the end of the month. I can't wait! :3
flyingcow
flyingcow

Back to top Go down

Progress Report 2010-January Empty King Golf Dropped For Now

Post by flyingcow Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:33 pm

Due to the low quality of the scans for King Golf, I decided to drop the series for now. It's a bit hard for me to read the kanji and as I'm just a newbie translator, that makes it that much harder for me to decipher the text. As I previously mentioned, I can get a hold of the manga volumes but it'll have to wait for now since there are other series on my list of to-do's.

Current priority lineup:
1) Stand Up!
2) Mukougawa no Masaka
3) Professor Layton
4) Kyoton-chan
Inazuma Eleven
will be worked on in the midst of all that above.
flyingcow
flyingcow

Back to top Go down

Progress Report 2010-January Empty GN Releases & Our Releases

Post by flyingcow Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:22 pm

For most of the series I'll be working on, I am basically getting the raws from the graphic novel book releases (not from the tankoban/magazine). New series like Stand Up! and Professor Layton take awhile for the GN release to come out mainly because Corocoro magazine is a monthly issue. There was a one year difference between the release of both Professor Layton books. For Stand Up!, it's about 6 months between releases. With such a long wait period, I'll be releasing each chapter with that in mind. This way, it'll give me time to work on the chapters when I get my hands on the GN and have an "uninterrupted" release time for you guys.

Stand Up! will be released monthly.
Inazuma Eleven will be released once or twice a month since there's several volumes out already.
Professor Layton will possibly be once or twice a month as well since there are a lot of chapters in each volume.
Mukougawa no Masaka will be released bi-monthly.
No definite release schedule for any other series for now.

With that said, I hope to start releasing chapters asap. Stay tuned!
flyingcow
flyingcow

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingcow Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:41 pm

I'm aiming to make Stand Up! Flying Cow's first release. It's a pretty good story with interesting characters, artwork, and a fast-paced story. It's basically like Hajime no Ippo except not as slow-paced story-wise. It's a fairly new series in Corocoro magazine with the first volume released just last year. I hope to continue doing this series.

In other news, right now, most of the manga's I have are from the graphic novels so I'll basically be waiting for each GN release before I continue with each chapter.

Series news:

Mukougawa no Masaka has only one volume released so far. I'll work on this third after Stand Up! and King Golf.

Inazuma Eleven has four volumes but I don't have a copy of the 1st volume yet so I may just skip that volume and release straight from volume 2.

I can get a hold of King Golf volumes but I'll wait to see how the reception is for chapter 1.

Kyoton-chan, I'll wait till I'm in a lull to release. It's not very high on my priority list. It's a cute story with the whole volume done in color. It kind of reminds me of Aranzi Aronzo...

Professor Layton I would like to work on after Stand Up!, Mukougawa no Masaka, and King Golf. I'm basically waiting to see if anyone else will release the other chapters before I devote time on it. Chapter 8 has been released by HIKIGEKI if you're interested.

In a nut shell, my expected release order is 1) Stand Up!, 2) King Golf, 3) Mukougawa no Masaka, 4) Professor Layton, 5) Kyoton-chan. Somewhere in between there, I'll be working on Inazuma Eleven while I look for volume 1. I would really prefer starting the series from the first volume....

Last edited by flyingcow on Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:50 am; edited 2 times in total
flyingcow
flyingcow

Back to top Go down

Progress Report 2010-January Empty Progress Report 2010-January

Post by flyingcow Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:29 pm

I'll be posting tabs on what's happening with each Flying Cow scanlation project here. For now, this is basically a one person scanlation group so things may be a bit slow. Anyways, on to the good stuff...

The following manga are ones that Flying Cow will definitely release:

Inazuma Eleven
- scan of volumes 2-4 complete
- on the lookout for volume 1...
- Volume 2 completely edited
- Volume 3-4 being edited now
- translation has begun

Kyoton-Chan
- scan complete
- translation ongoing
- editing of pages started

Mukougawa no Masaka
- scan of volume 1 complete
- editing pages completed (Jan-14-2010)
- chapter 1 cleaned; chapter 2-4 in progress

Stand Up!
- scan of volume 1 complete
- editing of pages complete (Jan-7-2010)
- cleaning completed (Jan-9-2010)
- translation of chapter 3 out of 5 complete (Jan-18-2010)
- chapter one released Jan-21-2010
- chapter two to be released Feb-21-2010
- chapter three to be released Mar-21-2010

Yaoyoro!
- volume 1 completely scanned
- editing of pages going on now (Jan-18-2010)
- translation has begun

Manga's that Flying Cow is considering to release/take over:

Major
Dan Doh!

If you're interested in helping with any of the above series, please [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Any help is welcome whether you're a beginner or not. C:

Dropped Series:

King Golf (Chapter 1) - DROPPED (for now)
Reason --- Scans were too small @ 600 px high

Layton Kyouju to Yukai na Jiken (Professor Layton & the Cheerful Mystery) - DROPPED (Jan-18-2010)
Reason --- Already being worked on by another group

Last edited by flyingcow on Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:42 pm; edited 13 times in total
flyingcow
flyingcow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down